Sunday, March 11, 2007

A Vignette (of long ago)

It had stormed the night before - I braked suddenly as obstacles loomed ahead. Several broken limbs lay scattered across the country road. I slowed down and picked my way - driving first left then right and I was through and on my way. But then my rear view I saw another traveler, who had followed me, who had stopped and got out of his pickup truck. I thought he could surely get through in a truck. But he had nobler thoughts than I. He was dragging debris to the side ditch - limb by limb - clearing the road for those who followed. I felt a blush of shame and I remember still.

1 Comments:

Blogger Angie said...

I love this vignette Roy, it reminds us all that we have experienced something simliar in the past that we are not very proud of. The fact we remember it so long after makes us appreciate the lesson we learnt. Don't you agree?

Love Angie x

5:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home