Thursday, March 08, 2007

Another Vignette

I was sitting on the patio at sunup one summer morning last year. A drop of dew on a blade of grass had been shaped in such a way by the contour of the leaf that it acted like a prism. A ray of sunrise found the drop and every color of the rainbow reflected into my eyes - and with that flash came instantly two other flashes - one, a flash of Joseph Conrad's quote of beauty (an earlier blog) - and two, a flash of serenity - that everything was OK in the universe.

1 Comments:

Blogger Angie said...

Hi Roy,

I've got this feeling that you have in front of you the whole of my "Advance Level" English Literature syllabus from my senior school..!!! We also studied Joseph Conrad, in particular his novel "The Secret Agent" which is a novel he set in London, England. Probably another work I should read again now I'm older and wiser..!

Oh, to be able to turn the clocks back and visit those wonderful days again, even for just a day. How about you and I borrowing H.G.Wells Time Machine and going on a trip of nostalgia? I've just said to Patsy if there was one thing I could choose to do tomorrow it would be to come over to you and climb into that time machine, just for a day to go visiting.

Thinking of beauty and serenity, on my way to my treatment in the car this morning, we passed the most beautiful grassy bank of spring primroses, I don't know if they grow in the US? they are the most beautiful wild flower and becoming rarer here as people pick and dig them up. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Primula_vulgaris Another wonderful sight, and there was nowhere to park to get a photo...

Love Angie xxx

2:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home