Saturday, July 21, 2007

Vignettes (Age - Desire)

6 - to be a star athelete (starting school - first grade)
16 - to be popular with the girls (high school)
26 - to gain victory WWII (Captain US Army)
36 - to avoid Korean War (Production Supt. Du Pont)
46 - to defeat organized labor's attempt to unionize Du Pont
(Employee Relations Supt. Du Pont - successful)
56 - to retire soon to rural Indiana
66 - to write to pass on thoughts to my family (essays)
76 - to build funds to pass on to my family (stock market)
86 - (trying to survive without my Ruthie)
96 - (you have to be kidding!)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Dad - I'll have to add this to my favorites - an encapsulated life story, with all the implications between the lines - just like a good poem - like??
Love, Susan

10:18 AM  
Blogger Angie said...

Wonderful blog today Roy,

Love and Best wishes
Angie
x

12:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home